Did You Know About Lemons and Diet?
Did you know that lemons not only add abundant flavor to food and water but lemons added to your diet also boast a ton of health benefits? They contain antioxidants, which is why lemons are so useful when treating so many ailments and conditions.
We know you have heard it all before about lemons and diet, however here is maybe some more information you should take into consideration. There is no such thing as too much knowledge.
1. Support weight loss: Pectin, a soluble fiber that has been shown to aid in weight loss is contained in lemons.
2. Digestion: It has been said that drinking a mixture of lemon juice and flaxseeds to eliminate waste more quickly from your body.
3. Kidney stones: To protect against calcium stones in the kidneys, studies have shown that drinking one-half cup of lemon juice every day raises citrate levels in the urine.
4. Stop and itch: Lemons have anti-inflammatory and anesthetic effects so rubbing lemon juice on poison ivy or insect bites can soothe the skin.
5. Balance pH: Lemons seem like they would be acidic, but they are actually a good alkaline food that helps to balance your body’s pH.
6. Anticancer properties: Compounds in lemons, citrus liminoids, protect your cells from damage that can lead to the formation of cancer cells.
7. Soothe a sore throat: If you have a nasty sore throat, try mixing lemon juice with honey to alleviate the discomfort.
8. Bring down a fever: Drinking a lemon juice mixture can help bring your fever down faster.
9. Start your day right: You can stimulate your digestive track and add vitamin C by starting your day with a cup of hot water and fresh lemon juice.
10. Potassium power: Did you know that lemons not only have vitamin C, but also offer 80 milligrams of potassium to help your body stay strong and nimble.
Other Lemon Stories: