Kick Your Sugar Craving to the Curb
Sugar is one of the hardest addictions to overcome, but as studies show, it’s just as harmful to your health as drinking or smoking. If you’re wondering what’s so bad about the occasional dessert, you’ll be surprised to learn the top reasons to end your sugar addiction for good – not to mention how often sugar is in the savory foods we eat!
Following are some reasons to kick your sugar cravings:
Because You Want to Have Strong, Healthy Teeth
- It’s no myth – your teeth will begin to rot over time with an excess diet of sugary foods and drinks.
- Sugar clings to the enamel on teeth and strips it of calcium, causing decay.
- Have a sweet tooth? Incorporate all-natural sugar products instead of table sugar such as honey in your tea, or a small package of Stevia in your cup of coffee.
Because You Want to Stay Slim and Trim
- Anything has the power to turn into fat in your body, especially sugar.
- Hundreds of studies show the connection between fructose and obesity, fatty liver disease (not caused by alcoholism) and type 2 diabetes.
For Your Heart’s Sake
- Studies show that too much sugar can affect your heart due to a rise in blood glucose level. When this happens, your blood vessels stop working as efficiently, posing a risk for heart disease.
- Heart rate and blood pressure are affected when there is too much sugar in the bloodstream; monitor your daily added sugar intake to reach no more than 9 teaspoons a day.
- Sugar is found in many different types of foods: dairy, bread, fruit, snacks like trail mix – even “sugar-free” creamer!
To Continue Losing Weight
- Sugar in the body, when not burned off right away, will be stored as fat.
- Weight loss due to a high sugar diet can turn into obesity.
To Be as Healthy as Possible
- Studies show that sugar causes hyperactivity and difficulty concentrating.
- Too much sugar can cause anxiety and lead to the blues.
- It will jeopardize a healthy body (no matter how much exercise you’re getting!).
For Increased Energy
- Simple sugars always lead to an energy crash an hour to two hours later.
- Avoid candy, chips (which contain a fair amount of sugar as well as salt), soda, cookies and cake to optimize your energy and keep it level.
- Focus on foods that are rich in nutrients and offer natural sugar: apples, bananas, a glass of milk, or fresh-squeezed juice.
To Feel Sexier For Your Partner
- When you feel healthy, you look healthy on the outside.
- You will slim down as you cut out added sugar from your diet.
- Becoming healthier inside and out will improve your confidence, which shows to your partner.
As a Way to Boost Your Brain Power
- Eating sugar gets you hyper initially, but has the power to shut down your brain a few hours later.
- A sugar rush slows endorphins in the brain, which when released can improve your happiness.
For a Stronger Immune System
- Even if you’re taking in enough vitamin C, excess sugar in your bloodstream can prevent vitamin C from doing its job, thus lowering your immune system’s resistance to fight off illness and disease.
- Sugar doesn’t offer any vitamins or minerals – but it often comes along with processed and chemical-engineered ingredients, which are taxing on your body.
You Make Healthy Living a Top Priority
- A strong healthy body is 80 percent nutrition, 20 percent exercise.
- Excess sugar causes a release of dopamine, which is a hormone that gives off the sensation of pleasure. The more sugar you eat, the more your brain craves that pleasure chemical.
- However, sugar always causes a crash, when both your blood sugar and dopamine level bottom out. To truly feel your best, avoid added sugar entirely.
What Did You Learn On Sugar Craving?
While avoiding sugar entirely isn’t realistic for many people, eating it in moderation is. Pay attention to added sugar in the foods and drinks you consume, and learn to pick and choose what’s worth eating and what’s not for your long-term health. When you total up how much sugar you eat in a day now, you’ll no doubt be surprised by the high number! Let that shock carry you through as you cut you sugar here and there until it is at the recommended daily maximum.
And to help clean the stuff out of you……...check this out!