Why You May Need Life Change Coaching
When or why would you consider life change coaching for your well-being and extended good health?
In today’s environment, with all the medical breakthroughs and all the advertised ‘good for you’ products, is a fresher look on anti-aging even worth caring about?
Well let me ask you this:
If you had a product and lied to your buyers and consumers about how good the product was, and that turned out to be a dangerous product, do you think you would get away with it for long?
Nope, probably not.
But the big drug companies do! If you had to guess, would you guess that a $3 billion fine meant that someone had been caught doing something wrong?
Yes, I would too – after all, that is a lot of money!
So, who (or what) am I talking about?
Well, for one, I’m talking about the time that the British-based multi-national drug company GlaxoSmithKline had to pay to settle criminal charges for:
* Pushing (yes, I said “pushing”) their anti-depressant drugs Paxil and Wellbutrin, among others, for unapproved uses. This basically means that the company was telling doctors these drugs could be used, untested, for their patients.
* Not reporting or misreporting (isn’t misreporting the same thing as lying?) certain safety issues with their anti-diabetes drug Avandia. These safety issues included increased risk of heart disease
* Improper marketing of other drugs
* Lying to the US Food and Drug Administration, which is the charged with ensuring drug safety standards
* Bribing doctors to prescribe their drugs by giving the doctors expensive gifts, vacations and paying them large sums of money to talk up various drugs.
* Defrauding government programs for the elderly and poor.
While this is the largest monetary settlement ever paid by a large drug company, it’s most certainly not the only one!
Other companies have been caught or accused of falsifying data and using unfair market practices.
* The drug company Pfizer has been sued by at least 5 US pharmacy chains of conspiring to prevent low-cost generic versions of a cholesterol-lowering drug (Lipitor) to come to market.
* Two virologists that worked at Merck have claimed that the company falsified the data showing that their vaccine was much more effective than it really was. This one is particularly disturbing – remember that most vaccines are meant to protect our children!
So, here’s the situation:
They have been caught at lying about their drugs. The drug companies will pay HUGE fines, but not a single individual or executive (so far) has been convicted or sentenced to a prison term for wrongdoing.
Now, I believe that there is obviously a time and a proper use of drugs.
One of the most serious health problems in the world is a chronic disease. Years ago, the biggest killer was infections. Today, we worry much more about chronic heart disease, obesity, diabetes and cancer, and dependency.
Yet, the single best way to deal with all these disorders is prevention. And, the main ways to prevent all those diseases (even cancer, though that is much more difficult to be sure about) is to change your life.
To change your life daily, I mean diet, nutrition, exercise, stress reduction and personal habits such as drugs (recreational and prescribed), smoking and alcohol consumption.
A New Lifestyle for Anti-Aging
While there is never a guarantee in life, (nobody lives forever!) if you eat well-balanced and nutritious meals, using real, fresh food and not processed, prepared products, you can reduce your risk of chronic disease.
If you combine nutrition with regular exercise, you can reduce your risk of disease even more.
I’m not suggesting everyone should be an Olympics-class athlete, but I am suggesting everyone could reduce their risk by increasing their physical activity level!
Also, minimizing if not totally eliminating alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use can also significantly reduce your chances of chronic disease.
By doing all these things, you can also reduce the necessity of taking the various drugs and medications from those companies that may have their profits and their bottom lines more in mind than you and your health!
Another big lie is that these drugs and medications are all you have to do to be “cured.”
Taking an anti-depressant can be very helpful, but you still, have to deal with the factors that caused the depression!
Taking a blood pressure medication may reduce your blood pressure and decrease your risk of heart disease, but if you don’t deal with your weight, your sedentary lifestyle, your alcohol or tobacco consumption, or your stress levels, the drugs may only be delaying the results of those choices.
My point here is that we’ve been taught that the answer to all our health problems lie in a prescription bottle. And, sometimes they do!
For those cures, I applaud all the hard work that has gone into the research and development of those drugs.
But, if that’s our only approach, it is likely doomed to failure because it is not going after the root cause of the health problem.
We don’t always know the exact cause, but we sure have a pretty good clue that; for example, a stressful lifestyle combined with obesity, no exercise, smoking, and drinking are a significant factor in heart disease.
So get with the program, and learn how to acquire better habits for your anti-aging quest!